Sunday, December 16, 2012

Wagon Train Pasta

So, I'm going to break from my usual and post a recipe.  It was super delicious and R even had seconds!  I've given up on my son, B, he'll never eat dinner...

Wagon Train Pasta

3 c uncooked wagon wheel pasta
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp minced garlic ( I just used a whole clove...)
1/8 tsp coarsely ground pepper
1/2 lb ground beef
2 T grated parmesan cheese
2 T seasoned bread crumbs (or plain bread crumbs + italian seasoning)
1 1/2 c meatless spaghetti sauce (I'll be honest.  I didn't measure.  I just used a big can.)
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, i n a large bowl, beat theegg, salt, garlic and pepper.  Add beef and mix well.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; mix gently.

2. Crumble beef mixture into a large skillet.  Cook over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.  Stir in the spaghetti sauce.  Reduce heat.  Cober and simmer for 2-4 minutes or until heated through.

3.  Drain pasta; place in a serving bowl.  Add beef mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese.   Mix until pasta is well coated and cheese is melted.  Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.

It was soooo good.  I found this recipes on my allrecipes.com app. If B is up all night, there won't be leftovers tomorrow.

Coming soon:  Wee Mouse Tin House craft and post-Christmas gifts.  I can't post them now, because they haven't gotten them yet!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment